"Meeting the needs in every aspect with emphasis on family."
"Creating an atmosphere of Love Whereby the Family of God can worship Freely"
Second Saint John Missionary Baptist Church was organized April 15, 1917 by Reverend J. J. Johnson with a small band of six members. The church was originally in Collat Quarters, Savannah, Georgia. We began worshipping in our current edifice on January 22, 1961. We have had several pastors to lead our congregation. Our current pastor, Pastor Marques C. Johnson, Sr., a pastor after God's own heart, is currently leading us to a higher spiritual calling where the pieces are coming together. Our church has several ministries including a dynamic G.A.N.G. (God's Anointed New Generation) Youth Ministry witnessing through nonverbal communications. Our Library/Resource Center, named for the late Mother Ernestine Manigault, is located on the second floor in the Educational Building.
Opportunities for Worship:
Sunday School: 9:45 AM
Morning Worship: 11:15 AM
1st Sunday: Observance of the Lord's Supper 11:15 AM